That's the way it goes...


Hello young world!
Remember me? I surely hope so... If not allow me to re-introduce myself...

I'm Tandrika.  A fashion enthusiast and marketing nerd from Atlanta.  I started this blog back in 2011 (woooow...) to showcase my style and love for fashion.  As you may have noticed I dropped off the face of the earth around 3 years ago (My last post was October 12, 2012).  There were a few things that led to that disappearance.  I have a story to tell... Like to hear it? Here it goes...



The first reason why I left was because I went on a weight loss journey.  I realized I had goal commitment issues.  I decided I wanted to set a goal for myself and stick to it.  So I figured if I could pursue weight loss and stick to it then I could do other things I wanted to do.  Well it's been a roller coaster but I was able to lose 58 pounds.  Ummmm... but I gained like 15 of those pounds back because I started feeling myself.  That's a whole other story... Don't judge me.

The second reason is one that I'm almost ashamed to share.  *Deep sigh* Ok soooo here it is... I felt like I wasn't good enough to be blogging.  I felt like no one really wanted to hear what I had to say or cared about my "around the way" girl sense of style.  I felt like I wasn't glamourous enough, or stylish enough like other fashion bloggers.  SMH... Thank the Lordt for growth!

So why am I back? Weeeeellll... The streets was missing the kid! Wait... not really.  Seriously, I was inspired recently when I decided to get back into fashion show production.  A really good friend of mine, Chrystal-owner of The Thiq Boutique, allowed me the opportunity to help her with her fashion show.  The show was amazing and I really wanted to write about it.  The idea to start back blogging kept plaguing me.  I was trying to ignore it but I couldn't.  The stars lined up for me when I was looking for a customized template for the blog and I found this beautiful template for an amazingly low price.  At this point, I felt like I had nothing to lose so here I am.

This go round my goals and intentions for my blog are different. It's alllll about me and what I have to say. This is MY creative outlet.  I WILL NOT compare myself to other bloggers.  It's important to me to stick to MY voice and not try to be somebody I'm not.  I may not get a huge following and that's ok!  I'll rock out with my small following and be ok.

I'm excited to show my growth... I think you will be too...

"If you're visiting, Enjoy your stay... If you've been here, Welcome home shawty" ;-)

No comments