Rude Awakening

Hello young world!
Ok, first let me make a disclaimer... This post is completely about me and how I feel about myself. In no way am I condemning anybody or attempting to make anybody feel any kind of way about themselves. These are MY thoughts and feelings about MYSELF.*sigh* Now that I got that out the way I have something to get off my chest. If you are my friend on FB or follow me on Twitter then you know that this weekend I went to Miami to celebrate my birthday. Well Saturday we got dolled up and went to the club. When I go out and I wear heels I usually pack a pair of flats in my clutch because I like to dance and I know that I can't stand in heels very long. For the most part I can usually wear heels for at least an hour and even then I might have to sit down a couple times. This is where the rude awakening comes in... I put my heels on when we got to the club and I barely lasted 20 minutes in them. My ankles started hurting 5 minutes soon after I put them on. *sigh* I kept putting them on and taking one off... It was sooooo embarrassing. At the time I didn't care. I just slipped on my flats and danced the night away. The next day I woke up and my knee and ankles were killing me (I'm sure it wasn't from the dancing because I wasn't dropping it like it was hot at all... I don't think...). Anyway, I came to the conclusion that it more than likely has to do with an accumulation of things. 1. I'm a manager in retail and I am usually on my feet anywhere between 9 to 12 hours a day 2. My weight *sigh*...
Now I'll be the first person to proclaim that I love my body. I am very confident and I love every hump, lump, bump, and dent! :-) However, when it comes to health I feel like it takes even more confidence to be able to step back and say "If my weight is going to make me uncomfortable then I need to do something about it..." My mom has always told me that if there's something about myself that I don't like then I need to change it or deal with it. *deep sigh* So at this point I decided that it may be really time for me to lose a few pounds... For fashion and health sake. I don't think I should compromise my style (and life) because of my weight.  Plus, walking through the airport limping wasn't cute at all...
I haven't weighed myself in a minute but I believe my weight is between 315 and 320 (I have no shame in disclosing my weight because first of all I carry it all very well and second of all I'm 6 feet tall). So when I do arrange my weight loss goals I think I want to lose between 40 and 60 pounds. I don't want to be skinny! Hell nawl!! But I do want to be healthy. I believe that skinny doesn't = healthy. I just want to be comfortable and healthy. I'm getting older and alot of environmental factors has made me become more conscious of my health. I want to live to be 100 so I have to change somethings now...

 BeFunky Instant on iPhone
 In other news... I'm completely BROKE!! (Well not completely but close to it...) But it's ok! Because I had a blast and I bought a lot of cute stuff while I was in Miami.  My next posts are going to be about what I bought and the few outfits that I was able to get a picture in, including my swimsuits. 

No comments