StyleRant: African Fashion

Hello young world!
This morning I was going through my Tumblr dashboard and noticed a post about African Fashion. I loved the prints and colors from the posts so I decided to look into it a little more.  I must say I'm floored! African fashion is soooo interesting.  When I'm looking for fashion inspiration, I usually look at style blogs from other countries (usually the U.K.), but I never thought to research Africa.  Now that I think about it, for the last couple of seasons (moreso Spring) designers have drawn inspiration from African culture.
From my research, I learned that African fashion is very popular in other countries other than Africa.  Here are some looks that caught my eye:

The Afropolitan Experience

African Fashion Week

 Here are a few looks from African Designers:







**To find out more about each designer click on the designer's name.**

Overall, I love just about everything I saw from the many African designers that I found.  This weekend the first African Fashion Week premiered in London.  (africafashionweeklondon.com) Because it was just this weekend I couldn't really find alot of information about it but you might want to keep an eye out for it because from what I was able to find the collections were beautiful!

Last but not least I must tell you all about the african fashion blogs that I found. If you are like me that I'm sure you will enjoy these blogs and find all sorts of fashion inspiration for your own wardrobe:
As always thanks for reading! Hope you were inspired! :-)

No comments